- Revenue up 57% year over year for girl toys.
- 50% up in eps
- 39% net income
- Excited about new rogue one movie
- Best quarter ever to date
- Shares up 8%
- Disney is in trouble still although other people doing well over it. As a person who owns Disney, I plan on buying more into it.
Revenue was up in Hasbro’s Boy division, but it was the Girl division’s results that got Wall Street’s attention. Caterpiller’s CEO drives off into the sunset. Pepsi lays out an aggressive plan to cut sugar from its drinks.
* Duration: 17:10, Played: 1:18
* Published: 2016-10-17 12:10:18 PM
* Episode Download Link (16 MB): http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/traffic.libsyn.com/marketfoolery/Market_Foolery_10_17_2016.mp3?dest-id=52525
* Show Notes: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Marketfoolery/~3/XZBNikwvUzQ/hasbros-girl-power
* Episode Feed: MarketFoolery – http://feeds.feedburner.com/Marketfoolery
- ATM crime is up 600% since 2014
- This is because of chip cards
- ATMs are to support chip cards. Mastercard and Visa have given out deadlines.
- ATM withdrawals aren’t huge in world of withdrawals. Does suck for person losing the small amount stolen.
Enjoy listening to insights from The Wall Street Journal on global market news, the economy and personal finance. Your Money Matters podcast takes you from Wall Street to Main Street to your street.
* Duration: 6:15, Played: 1:04
* Published: 2016-10-17 11:44:59 AM
* Episode Download Link (3 MB): http://feeds.wsjonline.com/~r/wsj/podcast_your_money_matters/~5/q2rqng-keZM/WSJ3144827326.mp3
* Episode Feed: WSJ Your Money Matters – http://feeds.wsjonline.com/wsj/podcast_your_money_matters
- WSJ podcast interviews a man who interviewed White collar criminals
- Bernie Madoff
- Interesting because he screwed over people he knew. Unlike others who scammed people they did not know.
- Many were not remorseful about their actions. They could not identify who they actually hurt.
- They have charisma and are smart.
- Personal note: I already had assumed this.
- Did not interview any women.
- There are less woman in field. But also maybe they have more empathy?
- Personal note: I don’t know where I stand on this. Need to think about it.
- Sometimes it’s about reputation and pushing so hard that it makes people want to cheat. It’s not always about the money.
Listen to the savvy reporters at MarketWatch.com as they give lively consumer tips on money management and personal finance.
* Duration: 12:07, Played: 1:07
* Published: 2016-10-14 10:51:55 AM
* Episode Download Link (6 MB): http://feeds.marketwatch.com/~r/marketwatch/podcasts/MoneyMarketsMore/~5/B0A4NGreVVA/WSJ6338231326.mp3
* Episode Feed: MarketWatch Money, Markets & More – http://feeds.marketwatch.com/marketwatch/podcasts/moneymarketsmore